Our Communications Group develops and distributes the various media that we use to communicate with our members and the wider community.
Our projects include:
"The ORacle" monthly newsletter. We solicit news and columns, write articles, proofread the copy, assemble the newsletter and distribute it, via email and postal mailORbits e-newsletters. We solicit content, assemble the newsletter and email it every 2 weeks. We also periodically send out special mailings announcing events or activities.
- The Temple Web site is developed and maintained by our Web page editors, and content is submitted by our writers, digital artists and photographers.
- The Temple Calendar is maintained and updated by our Calendar Coordinators, and the content is displayed on our Web site.
- A partnership with the Membership Committee to maintain a social media presence on both public and members-only Facebook pages.
To complete these projects, we are looking for interested volunteers:
- Reporters to solicit news and write articles
- Copy Editors and Proofreaders to review and edit content
- Digital Artists to create print and online graphics media
- Photographers to shoot events and activities
- Sound editors to record and post audio clips to our Web pages
- Videographers to start up a video content area on our Web site
- Web page editors to design and edit content on our Web site (we will train!)
- Social media contributors to post on our Facebook pages (and start up Twitter feeds?)
If you are interested in helping out, contact us at email@example.com